Pages

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Emma June's Pink Birthday Party

Emma June loves pink and Dora. Her 3rd birthday isn't until next weekend, but I couldn't wait that long. So I threw together some pink decorations and invited a few friends over. I've seriously scaled back on the parties. I used to go over-board with bounce houses, theme coordinating and inviting lots of friends. Now I'm perfectly satisified without games, a small meal (even just cake) and a handful of dear friends. Emma June had a great time. She danced as we sang Happy Birthday. She and her best friend Jak Jak fought over her Dora toy and were in awe of her new kitchen (which still remains in its box).

What we did: Ate pizza and cupcakes, sang happy birthday, and enjoyed watching Emma June open her gifts.
What we ate: I made white spinach, artichoke pizza and cheese pizza, pink cupcakes with amazing vanilla-pudding-cream filling, and pink sherbert punch
Who was there: Gigi, the Anderson family and neighbors Tom and Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment