Pages

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Easter 2011

This year's Easter was a low-key event.  Our hearts were grateful that we had eachother, yet still a bit of homesick-i-ness lingered.  I forewent (I'm venturing into the world of imaginary words) the traditional Tofurky (that beast has become an expensive delicacy) and popped a frozen lasagne in the oven instead. 

In the past I've spent entire holidays in the kitchen. But this year I realized that no one cared if everything wasn't homemade.  It's like a new freedom...a new lease on life (kinda).  From now on I'm gonna enjoy the holidays outside of the kitchen and dine on packaged, preservative-ridden "food".  It makes for a more enjoyable day for me.
And seriously, the family would rather have me playing in the pool with them.
I'm finally getting that.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you're back in business (blogging that is!). And you are 100% right about family wanting you to hang and not be in the kitchen. SO true!

    Have a great week Alisa!

    ReplyDelete