Pages

Monday, June 22, 2009

Anniversary and Father's Day

Every year our wedding anniversary and Father's Day fall within the same week. For our family the celebrations go hand-in-hand. David and I both went through our lives without our fathers. While it was difficult to grow up without a father we were blessed with many men who took their place. This is especially true for David. His life was filled with special men who filled the void. These men saw a young man who lacked direction and they did not hesitate to step in and guide him. These men showed by example how to be a good father and husband. They also taught him how to be a responsible hard worker. So many of us are concerned about over-stepping our boundaries. We are afraid that it's not our place. But I know, from experience, that everyone's life is our place. I have learned throughout my life that when someone appears to be in need that I should trust my instincts and reach out. Trust me that I don't always do that. I'm just so grateful that the men who reached out to David (namely the men at Oasis Church) did trust their instincts. Today I am blessed to have an incredible father for my children. A man who spends time guiding and nurturing our children. Also, we were able to celebrate 11 years of marriage. Our marriage is a result of the love and support offered by so many along the way. They say that the best way to be a good father is by being a good husband. I cannot agree more and that's why I love that Father's day and our anniversary are within the same week every year. Every year for Father's Day we make a t-shirt with the kid's handprints

No comments:

Post a Comment