Pages

Sunday, June 14, 2009

Spring Recital

I'll never be able to express how touched I was by the cuteness this day held. Sophia and Emma June both danced in the spring recital on Saturday afternoon. Sophia has been dancing for over 3 years and Emma June just started last January. When I was about 8 my grandmother was the seamstress for an esteemed dance teacher in San Marino, CA. I was given the opportunity to take lessons from her. But, being that I was just a kid, I wanted to play with my friends instead of take dance lessons. I dropped out of dance. I didn't have anyone motivate me to continue. To this day I regret that missed opportunity. It brings me joy to motivate my girls (Emma June doesn't need any motivation) to follow through. I love seeing the joy in their eyes when they've completed a recital. It's a true sense of accomplishment. Not to mention both girls looked adorable in their fancy costumes.

No comments:

Post a Comment