Pages

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Foy Farm Additions










We've added 2 kittens to the farm. They were born in the garden by a neighbor's cat. The cat had 6 kittens. We caught them when they were about 5 weeks old.


We had one casualty, Bishop got ahold of one kitten (Little Richard) and took his leg off (in front of the littles no less). So we took him to the vet and had him put to sleep. Emma June was upset because I forgot to give the Dr. the kitten's leg. I told her they were gonna give him a new one. Ah, our first true farm experience. We took the other kittens to be adopted out (to the pound...don't judge).


Yes we are over-loaded with pets already, but we had to keep kittens that were born in our garden!

2 comments:

  1. Kittens?!! Wow! You are a better woman and farmer than me! They pretty cute when they're little and I love that they catch and kill the mice, but I'm still not much of a fan. Your garden looks amazing though! How are the eatin's? I'm very impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eh, the garden has started to struggle. It looks better on the computer screen. But who can resist garden kittens?

    ReplyDelete