Pages

Monday, June 7, 2010

Mommy Tantrum

So I lost my temper a wee bit this morning. I don't usually notice it, but when David's out-of-town I get a lil' edgy.

This morning I summoned the troops to get the house in presentable order for our returning soldier. Daddy is on his way back from California and we need to clean up our act.

I had to hide in the office for a bit to work on some of my secretarial duties and left the kids to complete the projects I gave them. But instead of hearing the buzz of worker bees I heard the gnarl of siblings fighting and crying. YUCK!
I crumbled and succumbed to my anger. After some yelling and some door slamming I retreated back to my lair (office).
I recovered and came out with my head down to apologize.

Sophia came in from the backyard covered in water. She told me she'd just watered the garden for me. I told her I was sorry for loosing my temper. She said, "I understand. I would too."

I gathered the rest of the kids to tell them I was sorry. Nathan said, "I thought my ears were gonna burst when the doors slammed." And he continued with, "if you'd slammed the doors any harder the house would fall down."

Here's to another mommy tantrum and the forgiving spirits of my angels.

1 comment:

  1. I love that you post this stuff! So fun to read...I think: "yes! I am in good company!"

    ReplyDelete