Pages

Saturday, September 15, 2007

Okay, fine!

Okay fine, I'll cook vegan. I have spent the last few days searching through vegan recipes. Most of which contain things that nobody wants to eat and are full of way too many ingredients. I'm a simple girl and when I try complicated recipes they turn out bad. But I think that I can do this, at least for dinner. What can I say, David is a good husband and works hard, the least I can do is feed him what he wants. If I don't feed him he does not eat and when he doesn't eat he is not so nice to be around. So I have been driving all over town getting the right ingredients. I know, things could be far more difficult, but having three little kids with me all the time tends to get trying at times. I am starting to accept that having a job just would be too difficult to manage right now. I almost started real estate school last week. I like the idea of working a few hours a week. I had a job in January. I worked in an office for three hours day for three days a week and worked at home also. It was too difficult to manage my time and priorities. So I have decided to embrace scrubbing toilets and doing the laundry. I'm greatful to be here for the kids. It is a joy. They will be grown soon and I will have the rest of my life to sew my oats. But for now I am needed at home. I'm fortunate to be around so many women that make homemaking an art. Did you know that you can make your own maple syrup, just ask Emily. And, believe it or not, I didn't know that people made homemade icing, just ask Lori. I have been trying to keep the house clean. I admit that I am not good at that. It isn't easy with all these kids and animals. But I feel so good and calm when my house is clean. If I could just keep both the upstairs and downstairs clean at the same time.

1 comment:

  1. You are amazing! I feel honored to make the fabulous foy blog. You will never regret choosing to stay home with your kids. Not everyone is fortunate enough to even have that option. The kids will be gone before we know it!

    ReplyDelete