Pages

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Everybody Poops


"Everybody Poops" Well not everybody! Emma June says, "going poop is dumb!" We've been trying to get Emma June to go poop on her own (without laxatives or an enema) for about a year now. Our doctor instructed us to leave her alone, not talk about it and give her Miralax everyday. He said that eventually she would go on her own. But he doesn't know our Emma June that well. For 15 days she held her poop in. Hiding in closets and corners, she struggled to keep that poop in. So on the 15th day they did an x-ray on her tummy. Sure enough, she was full of poop. I was instructed to give her an enema. Now what? Here's all I can do now, give her Miralax everyday, add ground flax seed to her food, give her lots to drink and when I think it's been too long give her an enema. I think she needs to see a therapist (I need one too).
Btw, I've tried EVERY conventional potty training plan or idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment