Pages

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

A New Home for the Chicks

The chicks quickly outgrew their plastic pool home. It was time to put together a more permanent home for them. I searched the internet for hours looking at chicken coop plans. I had the grand idea that I was gonna build a spectacular hen house all by myself. I would paint it pink & purple and hail the loft as one of my grandest achievements. But I soon admitted to myself that I just wasn't up for the challenge; and the chicks need a new home fast.
David is much more practical than I am. Remember our dog Gracie that passed away? Well, we had a nice kennel that she lived in and David converted it into our hen house. Then he took plastic tote boxes, cut out a hole and created their laying boxes. If it were up to me I would've spent a couple hundred dollars putting something together. But instead, we used what we already had and it works swimmingly!




Harold loves the chicks! He shares the hen house with them. The chicks cuddle up to Harold and follow him around the coop.
So Cute.This is what we had for dinner last night. Cheesy bean enchiladas and rice...yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment