Pages

Friday, April 30, 2010

Staheli Farm


Tuesday I took the babies on Nathan's class trip to Staheli Farm. At Staheli Farm they raise beef cattle. When Sophia went on this field trip, 2 years ago, she was full of comments for her classmates (she's as passionate as her parents about being a vegetarian). But not the buddy, he's kind and gentle and doesn't wanna stir up trouble. Luckily, Staheli Farm is a family-owned operation and at this farm they treat their animals well. However, I really wanted to liberate this sweet cow. I fell for him and spent some time petting his nose. Rachel loved being with the animals and running around. Children are so natural around animals (when they are raised with them). I'm grateful to be raising my kiddos with access to so many animals. Since we left the city (5 years ago) our family has grown closer and we are pleased to be living with so much open space and the knowledge than life can and should be simple and safe.

1 comment:

  1. i love the cow picture! he really does look so sweet. I think if people visited the place where their food came from, they'd think a lot differently about the food they eat.

    ReplyDelete