Pages

Friday, April 16, 2010

Emily Rigby Meet Emily Rigby

This is my dear friend Emily Rigby. I adore her for countless reasons.
She taught me to can corn.


Emily Rigby is a traditional girl who cans corn and fruit, makes applesauce and her own maple syrup. She has a great story about riding her bike thru the Logan snow, while pregnant, to find her husband, who was working on the dairy farm to tell him about something that had happened. I forgot the whole point to that story, I just love the image of a very pregnant girl riding a bike in the snow in her pjs. When Emily and Brian first got married he gave her a pig as a gift (if I can remember correctly). Emily Rigby can do the worm better than ANYONE!!
She is also famous, to me, for coining the phrase about her children, "pecking her like chickens." It wasn't until I had chickens that I could truly appreciate the
accuracy of that statement.
The most important thing about Emily Rigby is her love for people. She has the ability to make everyone around her feel important and special. She has a pure, unconditional love for people and it's contagious. Like the time when she had all her kids in the car and she gave a homeless man a ride across town. Apparently he smelled so bad that all four kids in the backseat had to plug their nose.


Naming a chick after Emily Rigby is the least I could do.

5 comments:

  1. This is the coolest, nicest, most radical thing anyone has ever done for me! I love you, AF. Thanks for all the kind words and the honor that is the chick, Emily Rigby. I'm sure she will bless you with many delicious eggs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said Alisa....ER is the most fantastic person I know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this post made me smile!
    nothing better than a great friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you have a chick with an ample posterior and extra large feet, feel free to name it after me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll keep you posted Aimee. Can we just name one Walnofer?

    ReplyDelete