Pages

Monday, July 11, 2011

Guns - Our First Country Lesson

We've always believed that if you're gonna shoot an animal, you should eat it.

But I've changed my tune.

We have guns (just in case the shiz hits the fan). 
I even have my Concealed Weapons Permit...and there's a funny story attached to that.

But we've never shot at anything. 
The ammo sat, collecting dust, in an ubber safe local.

UNTIL...a rabid skunk skunked my baby and dogs. 
Rachel learned a valuable lesson that day; never try to catch a skunk. 
That skunk sprayed my baby from head to toe and continued to go after the rest of our clan.  I whisked the kids into the house and beckoned David from his chores
to "GET the GUN!" 

As Rachel sat in a bath, covered in tomato paste, David waged war on Pepe le Pew. 
The skunk charged David from under the house.  David's first attempt at target practice was a success.  Just as the skunk turned and lifted it's tail...B A M!


I never saw the dead skunk (I was forever bathing Rachel), but I smelled him until trash day.

Welcome to the Country.

4 comments:

  1. This is hilarious. When Kevin was working with Dave he came home talking about how he knows how much it costs to build a log cabin and where we are gonna build one "when the shit hits the fan." Last night I told him we are going to come live with you guys someday and he said "Of course." haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Carynn, you understand (but be careful..."they're listening"). j/k, we're not THAT crazy. Um, maybe we are ;)
    Alisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. this picture of Dave is hilarious!!
    shooting skunks is hardcore!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! What an adventure! (so, does tomato paste work?)

    ReplyDelete