Pages

Friday, July 22, 2011

Have you ever heard the phrase, "we do what we do, ese".
No?
Maybe that's a California thing.

I bet you wonder what I do all day out here in the country. Honestly, I have no idea because the days are all the same. The heat varies on levels of intensity, the kids run around yelling and making messes, I clean up the messes, and I cook and cook and cook...forever and ever. And then I clean up the kitchen and cook again. seriously.
And I wear the same thing every day


I'll even admit that everything is from Walmart.
wow.
Today I served:
breakfast - Pear cake (pears from our trees)
lunch - cheesy pasta
choco chip cookies for our friendly guests (David has friends...I don't)
dinner- eggs, refried beans, and veggie bacon strips
*a note about the dinner- we eat eggs so much that I promise my kids will despise them when they're grown. Someone will offer them eggs and they'll be like, NO, please!
And about the refried beans - going to the market is no longer convenient. One must plan ahead and be most prepared. I do neither. Therefore I've cracked open my emergency food storage.

3 comments:

  1. add some chips & hot sauce & you my friend have a mean plate of chilequiles! I grew up on that stuff :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We eat eggs EVERY single day! My husband gets tired of them but my two year old wants them EVERYDAY! And I love eggs just as much as he does so it's all good in the neighborhood!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! Eggs and refried beans are the best.
    Alisa

    ReplyDelete