Pages

Friday, May 7, 2010

Bringing Dinner

I love to bring dinner to friends and neighbors. Yesterday I was able to bring dinner to two of my friends, one gal just had a baby and the other was sick. It's really a simple concept...Make what you would make for your own family that evening and double it for another family.

But my problem is that I tend to get super nervous about it. How can something bring me soooo much joy and make me nervous at the same time. The problem I have is that my family eats differently than most. I have a picky husband, we don't eat meat, and our dinners are quick and cheap. Food isn't very important at our house. Yes I cook a lot, and my family likes what I make. But the dinners we have are probably not as good to another family.

Last night after I dropped off the dinner to one of the families I prayed that they would like it. What if they were super hungry and hadn't eaten anything because they we're expecting a really yummy dinner. Then when they try the dinner I made they're sorely disappointed. I've often thought that maybe I should just bring pizza, but then I imagine that they would say to themselves "I could've ordered pizza myself".

This morning I thought I'd test out my fear, I asked one of the boys who I brought dinner to last night, if he liked what I brought. He said no. Then the other brothers chimed in, "no, we didn't like it".
Maybe I will just order pizza next time, cuz I love doing it, I just don't wanna disappoint anyone.
What do you think...Homemade or pizza?

4 comments:

  1. WHATEVER! you make the best dinners kase cant stop talking about it..."you need the recipe mom" kids r picky dpnt worry about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Homemade pizza for sure!
    The dough is super easy & anything smothered in cheese is always a good thing.

    What your doing is so awesome & God honors that.
    You have such a great heart!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love taking people dinner, too, but my fear is always that I either overcooked the meat and it's going to be tough and gross OR that I undercooked it and it's going to make everybody sick! That's just what a new mom needs, her whole family to be throwing up while she's taking care of a new baby. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carrie Boyle WillisMay 12, 2010 at 9:23 PM

    They should be happy they have a nice friend like you to bring them dinner. I might eat cardboard as long as I didn't have to cook it myself! You can bring me vegetarian cardboard tacos any time! :)

    ReplyDelete