Pages

Friday, May 21, 2010

Homestead Update

Our salad bowl
We've been enjoying a fresh, yummy salad everyday. It's interesting how the spinach and different lettuces we eat from the garden taste completely differently than the same thing from the grocery store.
The corn is getting taller!



We love our chickens!
We still have 25 girls. I know we'll have to start giving some away.
I just can't imagine who I'd let go. They have been wonderful pets.
Yes, they can be a bit smelly. But, they are so interesting and fun to watch.
We've started to let them walk around the backyard.
Harold, the bunny, also lives in the backyard now. He's an illusive lil bugger. We usually find him hiding under the rose bushes. When the sun goes down Harold graces us with his presence. He loves to romp around the yard in the twilight.

1 comment:

  1. I love your little farm. Can't wait to see it again. The chickens are getting so big. Hopefully I will be a chicken owner soon. Wish me luck. I will probably be calling for advice.

    ReplyDelete