Pages

Friday, January 21, 2011

Friday 1.21.2011

Uneventful is today's title.

Today my head was full of cobwebs (again...geez).
I got a few things done in the office.

One small change has been made in the Foy house; no more tv for the kids.
Not the real kind of "no tv".
It's still sitting there, taking up too much space in the living room.

It's just that yesterday Rachel was watching Max and Ruby while I put clothes away.
I listened from the other room and was deeply disturbed when I heard a Dexatrim ad in the commercial break.
Little kids can't even watch freakin' Max and Ruby without being indoctrinated into being weight conscious. I imagined my sweet toddler, sucking on her hand, sitting on the couch in a diaper watching her favorite cartoon then hearing, "loose weight, be thin". Ironically that commercial was followed by a McDonald's commercial. Really?
TV cartoons will be replaced with dvd's that I choose.
I can't quit cold turkey. What else are they gonna do...read?

*side note- tomorrow is Rachel's 3rd birthday and Monday is Sophia's 9th! HOLLA.
No elaborate, themed birthday parties with handcrafted invitations here. Maybe someday I'll get my head cleared and get "it" in gear. But until then it's
just a homemade box cake, streamers and our immediate family
(that's why I had so many kids...instant party guests; with no guest gift required).
Each Birthday Little will be sincerely celebrated.

I was supposed to order chicks today. I don't know why I didn't.

Before I sign off on another day have a look at what I'm dreaming of:



image 2140764012-0

2 comments:

  1. I am right there with you on awful TV commercials!
    You are great! Get a donkey--but personally, I'd do pigmy goats! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummmm....you're right. The picture of the little donkeys kind of sold me too, minus the one in the living room. Not sure I can go there. However, the little saddled one, pretty sure it would be like having an amusement park ride in the backyard. Simply amazing! Who knew? And FYI, Brian didn't think my texts to you last week regarding the mini donkey were as funny as I did. I should probably apologize for torturing you with my humor. But in that case, you kind of asked for it. Love you!

    ReplyDelete