Pages

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Thursday 1.19.2011

A few lessons were learned and reinforced today:

1.  Don't assume you don't have to put a mattress cover on a Little's bed because that Little is NEVER a "messy" sleeper.

At 4am I heard a sweet voice beckoning me, chanting, "mama...mama...mama."
I responded to Rachel's request and unlocked her door.
*side note- Don't judge, yes we lock Rachel in her room at night. Have you met her? 
No one wants this kid free to roam at night. TRUST ME. 
Vomit everywhere, seriously everwhere. And yes, the mattress had absorbed a good portion of it. Merry Christmas. Not.

2.  Never give a child a "dry clean only" blanket to sleep with. Ever.

3.  If it smells like pee or poop...it is.
Don't try to fool yourself by saying, "it couldn't be."

Frederik Chopin, the outdoor only (yes he's neutered) Utah Garden Gnome, walzed in this afternoon and relieved himself on my side of the bed. Thank you myself for using a mattress pad THIS time.


I wasn't all too productive today.  I cleaned all day and the house is messier than this morning. I should've watched A&E all day instead.

It was just too cold to move properly today. When I took Sophia and Nathan to school at 7:30 it was 52 degrees. When I got back home, 20 minutes later, it dropped to 38. It stayed in the 30's all day. Loser temperature.

Productivity Report:
Mr. Foy kicked the hell outta installing t-posts for a deer-proof, kid and dog-restraining fence.
AND we got started on repaving our driveway.

We have big plans for this house...BIG PLANS.





Who doesn't love a toddler in princess shoes and a diaper?!


2 comments:

  1. First of all, I am totally diggin' the new look of your blog. It's nothing short of rad. Brooks just walked by and is shocked and very impressed with the picture of the giant chicken. Well done. Secondly, I had some catching up to do. But I'm happy to report that I finally had the chance to read your old posts as well as this one. You make me laugh. And, oh, how I miss you. Please tell me you're still in search of a mini donkey? I can't wait to see that blog post. Anyway, love you AF. Love you lots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No one love you more than I do Rigby...no one.

    ReplyDelete