Pages

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Tuesday 1.18.2011

I broke a sweat on the hampster wheel today. Round and round; ending-up nowhere.
Mr. Foy and I had great intentions of conquering the world today. But, my gnarly, never-healing, pink eye distracted me. I know I'm not supposed to be in human contact with this impairment, but seriously, is that even possible?
Mr. Foy started the day in a most grandeous way...a sweet Scripture study with the Littles before school. I, on the other hand, fumbled through making peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and getting Sophia and Nathan to school just as the bell was ringing.

A wee bit later I dragged Mr. Foy to Ikea. I had hopes of strolling through the magical aisles, selecting pieces that would heal our bathroom (it is seriously ill), then having a Disneyland experience in the Ikea restaurant. WOMP...instead we realized we were running late to meet someone on a ranch somewhere to look at his makeshift chicken coop cuz it was being offered at a steal. Just as we pulled up to Ikea we rushed in to find the shortest route to the restaurant (apparantly there isn't really a shortcut). We wolfed down a meal and swooped past all my bathroom salvation whilst holding a screaming ornery 3 year old and dragging a tired 4 year old.
Mr. Foy has requested that he never have to return to Ikea (insert sad face).
Later in the day, EmmaJune informed us that she was sick.
She fell asleep on the couch for the rest of the day.
She even slept as I bombarded the living room with my
vacuum cleaner (getting ready for our dinner guests).

Nathan has been catching lizards and losing them in the house. Nice...Not.
He feels the need to carry these creatures with him while he completes his daily chores.

And to round off the day, we shared our evening and a meal with the Missionaries.

2 comments:

  1. I love reading about what you do each day. It always involves a farm animal and a road trip. haha!

    I hope you guys are doing well in Texas! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dena! I check on you too everyday to see what the Fishers are up to.

    ReplyDelete